Nathan recently wrote a letter to church so I thought I would post it here...
Hello friends and family at First Baptist Church!
We are grateful to our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ for all his care for us. We are here in Langhorne, Pennsylvania attending Philadelphia Biblical University at last! It was a long journey to make the decision to come here and I thank you once again for your part in making it possible. Since we left Iron River on August 20th it has been a fast few weeks of classes, homework, homeschool and sleep. We just want to take the time to bring you up to date on how things are going.
Every day for me starts with some quiet time, breakfast, and a dash for the shuttle van. Classes usually run from 8:30 to 3:30 with breaks for chapel and lunch. I would say that the professors are already my friends. The class time is awesome, with a lot of feedback and questions from the students. There is no time to be bored between taking notes and asking questions. My Hebrew class is really the toughest hurdle because apparently I don't remember all the nuts and bolts of English as well as I thought. Overall I am doing well with my assignments and keeping up with the schedule.
Every day for Laura starts with a walk, some quite time and then breakfast and lunch packing etc. Then she starts homeschool with the kids from 9:00 to 2:00 It has been raining a lot so the kids have been doing a lot of Legos inside. The apartment is small, but it is clean, and all our neighbors are in Bible school. There is also a big back yard area where I hung a rope for a swing from a big oak tree. The kids seem to be enjoying the adventure and we have taken them on several of the Institute of Jewish Studies outings. Next week we have a field trip where we will visit a full scale replica of the Tabernacle and see a live play of Creation in Lancaster PA.
We have had a missionary from Friends of Israel come up from Florida to take us out street evangelizing this past week. This was a great experience, and I was able to really put the Way of the Master teaching to the test. Laura also went with us on one of the nights where we witnessed to kids hanging around near Rutger's University in New Jersey. Our hearts were very burdened for these young people so lost in their sin. I am looking forward to doing this kind of outreach more as the opportunities come up.
We are all looking forward to being back home with you in December, and thank you once again for your prayers and support.
Sounds like it is going good. Smooth transition for the kids and you guys! Are you guys going to come to California in December? If so I hope we are there at the same time! :) Lots of love,
ReplyDeleteBecky and Jason
Just letting you guys know you are in our prayers daily...
ReplyDeleteGod sure is using you it is such a blessing to know the Lord is Good. HE will provide for you guys...!!
Love to you ALL...
APril