Recently Jonathan and I were out running some errands and since we still don't know the area completely I use our map quite frequently. This particular evening Jonathan got a little nervous because he didn't know where we were and thought I was getting us lost. I guess I was playing with him a little bit...but I knew exactly where we were and how to get back home, but he didn't think I did. Anyone who knows Jonathan knows that he likes to be in control and so he was not comfortable being in a situation that he wasn't familiar with. I knew that he trusted me to get us home, he was incapable of it on his own...that's what I was there for.
After I thought about it later, It occurred to me...isn't that exactly how we all are with letting the Lord lead in our lives? We get nervous about the future, where we are going, where we'll end up and why certain things are (or aren't) happening in our lives. We just want to be in control.
But what a mess we would make of things if we were in control! Just like Jonathan was incapable of knowing the way home, left to ourselves we are also incapable of making wise decisions that will lead us in His will. It is His grace in our lives that guides us in His will. He knows what is just around the bend and whether it will be a rocky, difficult road to take, or a wide, smooth road...but He has a reason for whatever He allows and it all leads to His perfect will. Praise God that He is in control! Just like Jonathan trusted me as his parent who loves him...we can trust a loving Father who knows all and desires to lead us in His will...if we will trust Him and not ourselves.
This is a truth I feel God is desiring our family to learn during our experience here. We may not know exactly what lies ahead but take great comfort in the fact that our Savior does. :o)
No comments:
Post a Comment