Thursday, August 5, 2010

Has it really been a year???


Well, you know what they say..."time flies"! I guess it's time to update our blog. Hmm...how do I sum up a whole year? I think I will start with introducing two new members in our extended family.
Last December we were blessed with a new nephew! Alessandro Giovanni Sabol was born to my sister, Lisa and her husband Kurt. He is 7 months already and such a joy!

Last week Nathan's sister Kara and her husband Paul welcomed their first baby...Lily Kathryn Grace Sarnicula! She is just beautiful and we can't wait to meet her!
As most of our friends and family know, this has been a year of transition for our family. While in Israel in 2007 God began to burden our hearts with a desire to reach the Jewish people with the gospel. Since then God has been directing us toward full time ministry with the Friends of Israel Gospel Ministry. Nathan shut down Integrity Electric and enrolled in a one year Bible program called the Institute of Jewish Studies in Philadelphia. It has been a joyful and at times trying journey. Nathan was approved last November and we are now in the support raising stage. We thought that perhaps we might end up in Israel, but when we were told of a need for FOI (Friends of Israel) missionaries in LA, we really felt that the Lord was leading us "back to Egypt" so to speak. Nathan has been given the opportunity to share our call to missions at several churches and other events so far where we have been blessed and encouraged by so many. Lord willing, we will make the move to the Los Angeles area at the end of this year.
On another note, I am officially a soccer mom this summer. All four of my kids are in soccer and I find myself transporting my brood to the soccer field everyday...sometimes twice a day! What was I thinking signing up all four of them??? haha! But...they are really enjoying it!
We also managed to squeeze in a couple of camping trips this summer, which we always enjoy! Well...most of us enjoy. Nathan isn't much of a camper...but he's learning to enjoy it. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment